Itinerary Orangutan Tour Tanjung Puting National Park & Camp Leakey
(4 Days 3 Nights)
DAY 1 : PANGKALAN BUN – KUMAI – PARK ( L,D)
Upon arrival at the airport, we drive direct to Kumai for 20 minutes to board the Sekonyer. The boat is a traditional Klotok wooden river boat about 19m by 3.5m with cabin deck below and a comfortable upper deck where you can view the mangroves and rain forest as it glides by. The cabin deck has 3 air-conditioned cabins, each with a bathroom. The guide’s team includes the boatman, a cook and expert guide. In the peaceful afternoon we will slowly explore the quiet river while observing the wildlife. We will see proboscis or long nose monkeys, long tail macaque, and birds along the riverside. In the afternoon, we visit Tanjung Harapan rehabilitation center and witness orangutan feeding time at 15.00. Return to the boat and we find a quiet location to overnight. Your cabin is fully equipped with sheets, towels and toiletries. Delicious meals are served on board. Overnight on board.
DAY 2 : PARK – CAMP LEAKEY – BOAT (B,L,D)
- After breakfast, we cruise the waterways in the park through tea colored water to see the perfect reflections from the vegetation along the river. You may even see fresh water crocodiles!
- After lunch on board, visit Camp Leakey, the research and information center and where the older orangutans are reintroduced into the rain forest. From the centre, set off on an easy and pretty trek through the tropical rainforest to see orangutans, birds and other rainforest animals and jungle plants. Keep an eye out for noisy gibbons, deer and wild boar.
- Return to the boat for dinner and move to a quiet mooring for the night.
DAY 3 : PARK – PONDOK TANGGUY – PESALAT – TANJUNG HARAPAN – BOAT (B,L,D)
- After breakfast board the klotok to travel up the river for Pondok Tanguy, the rehabilitation center for the new ex-captive orangutans, see feeding time at 09.00am. Afterward continuing the trip to Pesalat replantation camp, See the process of replantation project or take this opportunity to hike at forest.
- In the afternoon visit Tanjung Harapan rehabilitation center and witness another feeding time at 15.00. Free afternoon program, we could visit village near by the park. Overnight on the boat (Free additional program : we could arrange the night walking on this place searching for nocturnal animal or glowing mushroom or just enjoy down the river at nipah palm mangrove observing fireflies ).
DAY 4 : BOAT – KUMAI – PANGKALAN BUN AIRPORT ( B )
Cruise transfer to Kumai then to Pangkalan Bun airport for departure.
Schedule Departure 4D3N Program start Tuesday 9 am to Friday 2 pm
Tour Includes :
- Transfers in and out, between the Sekonyer in Kumai and the Pangkalan Bun airport or hotel
- Air conditioned (optional), ensuite cabin accommodation
- English speaking guide
- All meals cooked and served onboard
- Mineral water, tea, coffee and fresh fruit juices
- Admission fee and park entrance permit
- All off boat tours, as per program
- Ranger donation
Tour Excludes :
- Airfares, porters
- Alcoholic and soda beverages
- Additional services requested