Itinerary Bali – Komodo – Bali (11 Days 10 Nights)
Day 1 Monday (0 dives) Departure
- 0800: Departure from Serangan, Bali
Day 2 Tuesday (2-3 dives) North Sumbawa
- Satonda or Balahai for two or three dives.
- Land excursion possibilities: an easy stroll on the island of Satonda, visiting the saltwater lake and making a wish according to local traditions: a stone is tied to the branches of a wishing tree on the banks of the lake.
Day 3 Wednesday (4 dives) Entering Komodo National Park.
- Gili Lawa Laut for three dives
- Plus a night dive in Slawi Bay
- Land Excursion possibilities: a trip to the shore to climb the hill on Gili Lawa Laut. It is a rather arduous climb, but the view of the entire National Park makes it well worth the effort.
Day 4 Thursday (3-4 dives) Komodo National Park –Rinca.
- Land Excursion: trekking into the interior of Komodo island to seek out the elusive dragons (easy walk of 1.5-3 hours).
- Two or three dives & a night dive off Nusa Kode, in the extreme south of Rinca island
- Land Excursion possibilities: From our mooring dragons can almost always be observed as they visit the beach during late afternoon. To have a closer look we can approach the beach by dinghy.
Day 5 Friday (4 dives) Komodo National Park – Rinca
- Three dives in Nusa Kode & a night dive in Lehok Sera
- Land Excursion possibilities: we can go for a relaxed stroll on the beach of Lehok Sera; often we spot herds of Timor deer or wild boars. In season, we can also try wild tamarind fruit from the trees growing close to the beach.
Day 6 Saturday (4 dives) Komodo National Park – South Komodo
- There are two dives at Langkoi off Komodo’s south coast & a dive off Padar. Night dives are either a night dive off Padar or a night dive at Wainilu
- Conditions permitting, we will set sails as we move from Langkoi to Padar.
- Land Excursion possibilities: Both beaches, Padar or Wainilu, are nice places to visit before the night dive for a bit of beach combing. In Wainilu, you can walk up a small hill or a nice view of Rinca and the surrounding islands. We adhere to the strict no take-policy of the National Park.
Day 7 Sunday (4 dives) Komodo National Park
- There will be one dive off Padar, and two dives in the north of the Linta Strait and a night dive in Gili Lawa Darat Bay
- Land Excursion possibilities: there is the option for the group to skip the first dive in favor of a hike on Rinca Island; compared to the walk on Komodo itself it is longer and slightly harder, however, usually there are more Komodo dragons (albeit of smaller size) and more wild life in general. In the late afternoon you can visit one of the beaches around Gili Lawa Darat or explore the mangroves in the bay.
Day 8 Monday (4 dives) Exiting Komodo National Park
- There are three dives around Gili Lawa Laut and/or in the north of the Linta Strait
- The night dive will be in Gili Banta
- Another option is to leave the National Park early in the morning and head straight to Gili Banta to dive the famous sites ‘GPS Point’ and ‘Tanduk Rusa’ (or ‘Rollercoaster’); these sites are very nice sites, as good as any site within the boundaries of the National Park (quite a good chance of seeing pelagics or big animals in general – e.g. grey reef or silky sharks and huge schools of fish), however, they tend to be quite ‘hairy’ and finicky in terms of currents and conditions in general. This forces us quite often to do less spectacular sites in the area like ‘Star Wars’ or ‘Swiss Dreams’ – while those sites are far from being bad (still quite a good chance of seeing white tip reef sharks and turtles, there is even something for macro-seekers), they are of lesser quality than sites within Komodo National Park.
Day 9 Tuesday (4 dives) Sangeang
- There are three dives around the volcanic island of Sangeang, in the north-east of Sumbawa and a night dive in the north of Bima Bay.
Day 10 Wednesday (2 dives) Moyo
- There are two dives off Moyo and shortly after lunch, we leave for Bali.
- Land Excursion possibilities: A visit to Lahuhan Haji, a traditional village with houses on stilts. Wander thru the village for a glimpse into the local life.
Day 11 Thursday (0 dives)
- Adelaar arrives in Bali, normally between 8am and noon, and guests disembark.