The services of this program provide access to the Barrier Islands of the West Coast of Sumatra facing the Great Indian Ocean. While this area is a Mecca for Surfers, these Island communities are divers and well worth visiting.
The Natuna Islands are a perfect example of a place most people have never been able to access in Indonesia. The ports visit in this island group make up an important part of Indonesia's Western Sea Border.
Traveling within Kalimantan is another subject in itself, but the programs offered here, allow you to enter and exit the massive island from three different directions and perspectives.
Madura used to be isolated and accessible only via boat, but with the new bridge from Surabaya that has changed the access a little but the outer islands are still very special places nd the Madura people are unique for sure.
These islands have to be classed as some of the best of Eastern Indonesia, but also isolated from Flores or Timor and only one airport, that we know of. The Alor Archipelago stretches across the Northern edge of Timor and boarders the new nation of Timor Leste.
Sulawesi is visited my many people, but few have had the opportunity to experience the outer islands where life is easy but hard at the same time.
Kei and Tanibar represent the most extreme eastern islands of the Indonesian Archipelago. They have rich Dutch history and pure island cultures that have been isolated by very infrequent air services for many years.
This region conjures up the true adventure in everyone, Wemena and Belem are far more primitive then their PNG neighbors and are a must see for anyone want to get on the edge, However, these destinations do not even come near to the state of isolation that our programs can take you, up interior rivers along coastal expanses of Canderwasi Bay and the WWII History of Biak all are touched by this service.
This zone again, has been seen by only a few, from M we visit upriver and along the coastal areas of an area still unknown to tourism in the true since of the word.
The island of Halmahera is known for its bird life and thick jungles, the North Moluccas are new to the tourism theme but still full of interesting WWII history and untouched environments.
Sumba Island belongs to the Lesser Sunda Islands. Sumba has an area of about 11000 square kilometres, so it is roughly twice the size of Bali. With approximately 715000 inhabitants (2017) Sumba has only about one sixth of the population of Bali. Although Sumba is less than 100 kilometres from the southern coast of Sumbawa and Flores - and still in visibility range - it is quite different
How the Pioneer Adventurer works?
- THIS MENU DEALS WITH INDIVIDUAL TRAVEL, BUT GROUP TRAVEL CAN BE ARRANGED
- The menu provided has divided the country into 10 regions.
- Each region has several PIONEER ROUTES
- Each PIONEER ROUTE has a start point
- Some Routes have turn around points which should be considered ENDS
- Some Routes are schedules as full circles
- Some Routes are rather complicated
- Travel is recommended to be taken in continuous long runs from Start Point to End or full circles back to the Start Point. In the event you wish to disembark in any specific port, please keep in mind that normal stops are from 4-6 hours allowing time for quick exploration, photographing or cultural visits. For those needing more time, arrangements can be made but your stay might be long but would be based on the next visit of the vessel to your selected port.
- The program is based on transportation only, but food can be purchased aboard or you can catch your own fish and arrange to have it prepared. Cabins with up to 10+ bunk beds are sometimes available as are private 2nd class cabins for 3 – 4 passengers are available and if required my be quoted for rates, . Many
- All payments for transportation and other services of the vessels are to be booked and prepaid.
- Access to the Network is exclusively available via email and a simple flat booking fee of 100 EURO per person is required to make arrangements and to participate in this Subsidized Program.
Once you have reviewed the numerous programs available here a simple email to email@example.com will open a file for you in our system. With this file opened you can answer any questions you might have about your options or destination. Please note that specific departure dates are not able to be provided until approximately 14 days prior to the actual date. In addition even within this time frame departures can be delayed. Maximum Flexibility is important in the program.
Once your plan is clear, we assume that should happen 3-6 months in advance, a booking confirmation payment will need to be made. (last minute bookings can be dealt with but planning is key to adventure travel ) This onetime cost of 100 EURO can be made by wire transfer to our Jakarta bank or if you wish you can use PAYPAL to process. An invoice will be provided to you with specific payment instructions.
Once this Booking Confirmation has been received you will be provided with a hand phone contact at the departure point of the vessel. You are expected to make contact with this departure monitor 48 hours prior to the departure and payment is expected in IDR prior to boarding the vessel. Failure to board will result in loss of your booking fee. But rescheduling can be arranged. Just keep in mind these schedules are offered every 14-21 days, so miss the boat and your wait for the next one might be a little long !
For more information, please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Contact Us page.